Wednesday 17 April 2013

More Renders!


          Well I have officially never spent so much time on a project but at least it is going ok. By ok I mean I am managing to render things much faster now that I have created presets for the renderer. We have also had our compositor (Tiago Faria) start working on each shot. Unfortunately I do not have any stills from the compositing but I will post some as soon as possible. Below are snapshots from 3 more scenes:
 



          I am fairly happy with how the renders have been coming out although there are, of course, many things I wish I had the time to change. My main issue is that there are too many errors on the button machine. One of the major ones can be seen in the very first still above. The bump on the side of the machine seems quite extreme, no? But whilst the side of the machine is all 'bump-ed up' the rest of it seems very flat. The way teh bump is reacting seems very similar to how reflectivity might work on a material with a custom BRDF setting. For example at a 90 angle the material might be very reflective, while when looking at it head on it might not have any kind of reflectivity. The same seems to be happening with the bump and I am not sure as to why exactly. I will have to investigate further and ammend my lack of knowledge on this subject.

(Note: I am fully aware that the BRDF has got nothing to do with the bump map, I was simply comparing one to the other)

No comments:

Post a Comment