Monday 22 April 2013

Matte Painting

          One of the major things which is still incomplete is the establishing shot. Now, originally the idea was that everything took place inside this grand, floating city. As well as being an interesting idea in itself, it meant that I was able to build something very much out of the ordinary. After looking up hundreds of different takes ont he idea of a floating city, this is how our version of it has been evolving:

I started off with a VERY rough background which matched the general layout I wanted.



Adding in a quick Daylight system. (Note that the mrSun is actually illuminating the scene from the wrong direction when compared to the clouds)




Adding some basic textures to the scene.



Building more on what I have as well as introducing some new colours




I would have resumed the painting today but my mouse broke so Ilektra took over for a little bit and added some more cloud layers to the painting.





It's improving but still needs a lot of work. I need to add a few more details to the structures because it is looking too rough at the moment. I need to brighten up the scene in general and apply more textures to things. I will post an update on this once it is developed more.

No comments:

Post a Comment