Tuesday 2 April 2013

Assets: Workbench

Assets:
Workbench

    I was going over my assets folder and I could not believe I had missed this one out! Every lab needs some kind of workbench so I went and told Tiago to make something and this is what he came up with:


I liked it and told him to give me the files so that I could texture it. This is how it went down:


          From the start I knew I wanted the work surface to be some kind of wood, same as the back of the bench so I threw a texture on there. My only description for this texture was that it seemed a little too 'epic' for this. By epic I mean highly unsuitable..


          I will have to render out a closer shot of the drawer because I was extremely proud of how it came out and all it required was two colours - grey and yellow (and then I added in hints of orangy-red for some variety)


          Playing around with the vice here. I really wasn't sure what colour to make it. I moved the toolbox underneath the bench because I was just not happy with how the texture for it turned out and it didn't really have a set location in the animatic anyway. I also deleted a lot of unnecessary detail which will never be seen.


          For the final thing I got rid of the lamp because it just didn't suit the piece and changed the backboard of the workbench. I had kept the other one in there for way too long


          The blue plane is supposed to represent the blueprints. I am in the process of drawing up the blueprints so I will go into more detail about it in a separate post.


No comments:

Post a Comment