Wednesday 3 April 2013

Blueprints - Update


     I thought it would just make more sense if I make another post about this rather than updating the previous one. 

          I went back to the blueprints and added the last few finishing touches. I think I may have spent too long on finishing this but I quite like the finished product. Below are the diffuse, bump and opacity maps. The bump will probably be used at the equivalent of 5% strength. I tried using a completely separate image for the bump map of the paper alone but it just didn't work. In the end the bump map makes the image looks a TINY bit nicer but is not really noticeable enough to matter too much. The key thing is that the blueprints get the point of the machine across - that it is basically a new way of creating electricity.



         
 I really wanted to make the blueprints look worn so as well as working more into the diffuse to give that effect I also did the obvious move of making an alpha/opacity map so the paper looks tattered and torn at the edges.


Instead of making a third post about this I will update this one once I have a render of the blueprints in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment