Wednesday 3 April 2013

Blueprints


          As I mentioned earlier, I am working on the design for the blueprints which will be seen on the workbench. This is what I have so far:


          I was originally planning on using the images below and working into them to make them look like a blueprint:



          The reason I decided against this was not only because the above images are drawings and therefore not completely straight, but also because I had a great idea. This involved a simple screencap in 3DS Max. I opened each machine file separately and centered the machine after selecting every bit of it. Then all I had to do was change the viewport mode to Tech, under Stylized, and make a screen grab. The results can be seen below:


Button Machine


    




 Terminal Machine

 
 
 








Power Machine






          The tech views made my life so much easier because I don't know how long it would have taken me to make the blueprints out of my drawings. The best thing about these screen grabs is that they are screen grabs so no waiting for anything to render (also I would have had to change the renderer in order to have a tech view output).

          Overall I am not happy with the blueprint so I am certain it will have to undergo some major changes. Having said that though I am quit happy with the texture I have used for the background althoug I do feel that I need to work on the colour a little bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment