Sunday 7 April 2013

Assets: Power Machine



          I had a few renders of this machine up in an earlier post but I thought it would be best to get a few more renders and make a post dedicated to the actual machine. 

I was quite proud of the final result. Although the machine does not look that great in a closer shot, it does look grand and imposing when placed into the scene. When modelling this I tried to get it as close to the concept as possible; however, as we all know, a piece of concept art will never translate perfectly into its 3D counterpart.


 

          I actually didn't texture this machine really. By this what I mean is I didn't unwrap or paint any textures for it. All I used was an Arch & Design ProMaterials satined brass material and a light blue colour with self illumination for the glowy bits. I was planning on gradually texturing this machine however I decided against it because of the subtlety of the lighting on it.












          Below is a render of the machine inside the main space. It is really dark in egenral apart from a few highlights. I wanted to make it look very grand and imposing. This is why the simple ProMaterials textures worked so well on it.















No comments:

Post a Comment