Monday 1 April 2013

Assets: Floor Buffer


          This is the floor buffer which our cleaner character plugs into the 'plug machine' and disconnects the power to the main machinery. This is mostly going to be seen from far away so made sure to tell Tiago not to go into too much detail when it came to modelling it. The same applies for the texturing. The good thing is that by this stage I have accumulated a large amount of custom textures I have painted for various machines. The fact that the floor buffer won't be seen from very close means that I will not need to unwrap a lot of it.







          (Below) As you may have noticed, throughout the texturing process I decided to add a few things to the machine as I felt it was lacking detail. Although it will not be sen from too close, there are still shots where the machine's details will stand out somewhat.

          (Below) I thought I would make the back wheel a brighter colour so as to break up the monotonous yellowy brown palette. I wasn't too sure about the yellow box thing on the front but I think it also helps break up the colours a bit.


          Below is the final version of the machine.



Concept:Daniel Bookham
Initial 3D Model: N/A
Detailed 3D Model: Tiago Faria
Texture: Me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment