Saturday 28 September 2013

Perspective Match

This is somethign I have been very eager to try out. As I don't have 3DS Max 2014 I will have to model the environment (the hallway) and then use camera points (as opposed to simply using the perspective match function that comes with 2014).

So to start off with here is a photo of what I will be modeling:
Seeing as this is right outside my door, I was able to get up close to see the detail at any point during the modelling process.

All this had to be built to scale as it is necessary when adding the camera points. Below are some progress snapshots showing the progression of the modelling:


Building the walls first and making sure they are to scale. I was frequently going in and out of the room in order to get precise dimensions.


Building the door frames and cuttingout the holes for the doors from the wall (the image above was actually captured after the doors were made which is why the holes are there).


Working on the banister. The right one is smoothed using NURBS as it is easy to enable and disable the feature when I want to see how an object looks smoothed.


Working on some finer detail. This was done using a simple spline and then lathing.

First attempt at using the perspective match. The door frame is off quite a bit so below is the next attempt after adding a few more points.

Looking slightly better but still not perfect. I will keep working on the scene so I can take a video/photo from different parts of the hallway and have it modelled entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment