Saturday 30 March 2013

'The Big Red': Working in 3D


          Having established which assets we needed for our environments it was time to start making them. Unfortunately my workload increased exponentially which meant that I only got to build and texture three machines while the rest of them were built by Tiago Faria and then textured by me. The look I was going for with the textures was worn, rusty in places, and generally dirty. Although the aim was to make the machines look as real as possible, they also had to fit the world of the animation. The best way to do so was to avoid using images as textures. By this I mean that only six images were used in th texturing of the entire scene, everything else was drawn from scratch in Photoshop using real life photos as a reference. I feel that the result was satisfacroty and that the textures fit perfectly into the scene. 

          I will make a separate post for each individual machine to show the development of the texturing process so the only images I am going to add to this post are of the cathedral at the very start of the new story idea and then a later version of it:




No comments:

Post a Comment