Saturday 30 March 2013

Assets: Terminal


         This was one of the machines not built by myself. Below you can see the roughed out 3D version of the Terminal which I made before giving it to Tiago to model to a higher standard. I felt like the concept drawings needed to be expanded slightly and I found it much more useful doing this in 3D.


          Below is the progression of the texturing process. The machine design seen below is based directly off the 3D placeholders you see above.






 
 

          (Below) I had left the terminal for a while as I was conceptrating on the other machine, but once I went back over it I found myself very unhappy with its texturing. I realised that with all the newer machines I was using a custom inde of refraction value which was giving me much better results. I was also generally unhappy with the lack of detail in some areas so I went in and added the detail myself as well as changing the textures a bit.



Concept: Me
Initial 3D Model: Me
Detailed 3D Model: Tiago Faria
Texture: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment