Monday 25 March 2013

Humble Beginnings

         

          Let's start from the beginning. I started learning 3D animation in September 2011. It has been a very steep learning curve but it was definitely worth it. Here are some shots from my very first 3D animation. Though it looks very simple, it helped me learn the basics with regards to modelling and texturing. For a full review of the project check out: http://3dsmaxcaranimation.blogspot.co.uk/

Formula 1 car keychain: Wireframe

November 2011



           After finishing my first ever 3D animation I took on a much more challenging task as an environment modeller in a 2 person group. This proved to be the steepest learning curve because I pretty much dove straight into the deep end, knowing very little about the more advanced settings within 3DS Max. I was in a two person group and I was responsible for the environments while Elektra Chrysanthou modelled and animated the characters. Although we did not finish the project we both experienced what it was like to be in our chosen CG roles.

          Below is a comparison between what I produced before and what I produced after. The first image took two hours to render while the second image took 25 minutes.


April 2012

 June 2012

I was very happy with the improvements in the scene although at this stage I didn't know too much about lighting so I did what I could.
With the introduction out of the way, let me take you further into the depths of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment