Sunday 21 July 2013

Car Modelling

I have alwas.ys wanted to model a car. Ever since I started learning 3D I told myself that I would model once I had some free time. Seeing as I have now graduated I have just that - time to spend on modelling things.

I chose to model the Mitsubishi L200 (2005 model). The first challenge was the fact that I chose the 2005 version because it became increasingly more difficult trying to find some references. The reason I picked the car was because I didn't want to do a sports car as my first car. I wanted to get some practice so that when it came to modelling a sports car I would be able to do it to an acceptable standard. The pick up truck also has details which a lot of cars don't have, such as the detail on the underside and the suspension.

Here is how I started



 As I was modelling I wanted to quickly hide see what the whole shape would look like. So I mirrored one side over using the middle as the pivot and made it red and added to another layer. That way I could quickly toggle to see what car would look like as a whole.


When starting to work on the boot I had to start finding a reference for the rear so as you can see throughout my reference images on the left are constantly changing.


Here are some test renders I made as I went along. The first one still required a lot of work while the second images is a much more finished model



I will make new posts with the updates on the progress of the modelling

No comments:

Post a Comment