Friday 17 May 2013

Re-touching

          We decided that it would be a good idea to continue working on the animation straight after our submissions. The only problem with that is that we had another submission the week after so we didn't have a huge amount of time. We mostly tweaked some bits of animation and moved a few things around. The only thing that could be considered a 'big' change would be the addition of a new shot, the evolution of which you can see below:

This was actually the wall onto which a pipe connected. Once I removed the pipe it actually looked like a door!

Gave it some art deco to make it fit in with the environment  inside. The structure which the 'door' is attached to was completely retopolised so that I could smooth it properly. I think I could have done a much faster job out of this if I just used smoothing groups instead of trying to create the perfect topology. On the plus side I can do a lot with this in mudbox now that the turbosmooth is baked onto the shape.


With the help of Elektra and Tiago this is what the shot looks like finished:


No comments:

Post a Comment