Thursday 2 May 2013

Plant Concepts

This is some more client work that I have done, except this was for a project which is in fact still going ahead quite slowly so the time limit on the work is very relaxed. The project is an RTS with many RPG elements. In fact it is not quite clear what the game will be like as it seems like quite a massive project. As an environment artist I was asked to come up with some rough sketches for various bits of vegetation that will be used in game. Each one had to have 3 levels of growth which is how it would appear in the game. The first was a tomatoe plant:


I am not very happy with this purely because I have tomatoes in my back yard and they do not look like that. The reason for this is because I was looking at photos of tomato plants for reference while using photos from my own which were the small cherry tomatoes. The combination make this look a little bit off. But either way it is enough to show how each growth level of the plant would look like.

Next I had to draw an indigo plant; more specifically, the tinctoria genus:


I am much happier with this one although I think that the second growth level should be smaller in size.

My next assignment is a cedar tree which I will post belo as soon as it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment