Friday 14 June 2013

Tomb - Momentum

I was asked by a dubstep composer to design an album art cover for his new EP called Momentum. I was pretty much given total control over the design. However, I thought it best to try and extract some kind of idea from the artist so that I could narrow down the end result of the design. After a brief conversation with the artist I found out that he was keen on seeing something that contained a 3D mesh or something related to soundwaves.

This was the first thing that came to mind:


The artist was surprisingly happy with this initial design so the changes that I went on to make were few. This was the next stage of the design:


Once again, the artist seemed pleased with this so the next stage was playing with the colours a little bit (mainly saturating them via painting over them), and adding the artist's name on there. After the name was approved I added in the album title and that was that. Below are the final two images in the process:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment